old school dewboard

gdtrfb

old school dewboard

Postby gdtrfb » 02 Mar 2017 20:35

remember when saturday nights meant listening to mandrake and the colonel don grossinger etal. please forgive the memory as i probably left a few of you out .fresh sbd's full shows new tapes .i worked the overnight shift back then and would purposely go in late waiting to do my tape flip . anyhow where are you know ? i know few of us still pop in here know and then but stop by and say hey . ev b, mark rubin ,cassidys dad, jaxstraw, barney rubble, dan blank ,urban surfer,darkstar girl ,cosmic chuck ,hash , basil , bud chief , frankie goomba , mikey calzone aka splintered , stymie , catfish , jerryd and his wife pam , richard the king of the freebies ,doberwolf, butch aka tenacjed , dire wolf and his jersey shore crew ramble on rob, dave from neptune , dean , andy aka tiftoo, crazy chester, macdoogle and his crew shinebox jonnie, brian and roy the mailmen,also kingofall mailmen and everybodys fave the boxer so many more i'm forgetting . i know some of you guys i'm friends with on facebook and some i see from time to time. i miss those days . man 30 or so would show up at the garden for the other ones 15-20 of us peaking at the beacon for phil, thank you david r for making this possible .
barney rubble

Re: old school dewboard

Postby barney rubble » 11 Mar 2017 21:18

amen, brother!
frankie gombah

Postby frankie gombah » 12 Mar 2017 06:33

Joe your still the pivot man!!!!!
It all went through you!!!!
gdtrfb

Postby gdtrfb » 13 Mar 2017 15:52

and i gave all those cd's away . i was in brooklyn last week and when i saw the williamsburg bridge i thought of bill f , wtf was his screen name ?
DJ Easy Wind

Postby DJ Easy Wind » 24 Mar 2017 07:56

Thanks to dave r indeed. He has kept the flame burning for decades here...Don Grossinger, myself and "new blood" Stu Robins Septoff are still TRYING to keep the flame burning on Morning Dew, too. We try by making posts here, and by still playing the best Phil & Friends, Kimock, Dead & Co, Further (when they were around), Bobby solo, Hot Tuna, Good Ol' Gratefuls, etc & so on.

We were devastated by the loss of Dave Nolan. Then we were set back even further by being bumped to a 1:00 - 3:00 AM time slot a few years ago. It's also an uphill struggle to make relevant Radio for Deadheads, with every note of Grateful Dead music documented on the internet nowadays. How we are trying to keep it fresh is by playing the freshest samples of the aforementioned bands, also adding newer bands like Tedeschi Trucks Band, Railroad Earth, and others plus offering lots of concert tickets and good interviews with the likes of Paul Kantner, Steve Kimock, Jorma, Dave Mason, and so on...We are also trying to support great up & coming bands like Yarn, Cabinet, JRAD, and others.

I am a relative newbie on this website, compared to a lot of you guys mentioned above. That's because I was in San Francisco during the decade of the 90's when this board was flourishing. But I was around here in NYC during the 80's too. I used to crash Dave & Doug's show one week & Mandrake & Cool Breeze's some other weeks. All those guys were cool enough to let me come up to the studio, armed with an armful of rare LP's and sometimes fresh recordings from MSG or The Beacon, and they'd play them too.

I regret missing the meetups you guys all had years ago, but I was busy bumping into 'Spinners' at Jerry shows in The Warfield back then, good times indeed! The current Morning Dew Crew are still trying to keep the flame burning, and we do appreciate the positive feedback & listenership we are able to attain at our late hour, and through the Streaming archives... http://www.wbai.org/archive.php

gdtrfb, here's hoping we can continue meeting up at shows and Events like the Ship Of Fools Boat Cruise around NYC Harbour on May 13th with Wigjam...

http://www.rocksoff.com/shows/5658

Thanks to all who still listen to Morning Dew and participate in this board and our outside events... :mrgreen:
David
Site Admin

Postby David » 07 Apr 2017 00:06

It's always been my pleasure to connect Deadheads near and far. Glad to still keep the light on here.

Keep on keepin' on
frankie gombah

Postby frankie gombah » 09 Apr 2017 19:58

Bill Ferg..../aka Franktower!!!!!!
gdtrfb

Postby gdtrfb » 23 Apr 2017 15:18

jim kelly i don't remember your screen name but you did sell me your tix for phil 11/17 /01 @ lehigh. it is still the greatest post jerry show ever .

Return to “Audience Zone”